Rules and Regulation
Each student/user using the resources available in the college library must follow and comply with library policies of the College.
Research and Learning Focus
- Library spaces and facilities are provided for educational purposes not for personal business or recreational use such as; gaming, playing music, singing etc.
Use of Computers during the hours of high Demand
- Time restrictions may apply on computer use during high demand hours and the users may be asked to return the computer if not using for academic or research purposes.
- The aim of the library is to maintain a positive learning environment in which all persons treat each other with respect.
- A person who exhibits disruptive or inappropriate behavior will be banned from using the library facilities further.
- Those who take away books from the library will be monitored under the surveillance of C.C.T.V.
- All users must vacate the Library by closing time; a reminder will be given 15 minutes before the notified closing time.
Respect for Library Material
- Each user must treat Library material with care.
- Damage to or defacement of any material is considered a serious disciplinary offense.
- References; books, journals, magazines,s, and newspapers cannot be borrowed from the library.
- A valid College ID card must be presented at the library lending desk for specific services such as using computers or borrowing books or other study facilities.
- A student should deposit his/her College Identity Card in order to select books from the rack and should keep them in the proper place after use.
- In case of loss of student ID, the student can apply for a new ID card and Rs. 200/ is the charge per card.
- ID card is not transferrable to any other student to borrow the library material/book.
Discussion and Quiet Areas
- Making noise inside the library is strictly prohibited.
- Audible use of electronic devices is not permitted in the library.
- Personal Belongings such as bags, overcoat, folder, and umbrella, etc. should be kept outside the library.
Food and Drink
- No food or drink is permitted in the library.
Fines and Sanctions
- Students are eligible to borrow THREE books (Masters) for 14 days and TWO books (A level and Bachelors) for 10 days. Faculties can borrow THREE books for 30 days and staff ONE book for 7 days.
- Students who fail to return books on time have to pay a fine of Rs. 10/- (ten rupees) per day. Books may be renewed for 7 additional days unless another borrower has requested the same item.
- Borrowing privileges are suspended and an additional fine of Rs.20/- (twenty) per day is charged if a recalled item is not returned by the recall due date.
- Any borrower with fees or fines outstanding in excess of the outstanding fees limit will not be allowed to borrow until the outstanding fees or fines have been paid. Students are to replace a new book for any damage or loss of the book.